Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Today was okay as work days go for the most part. Myself and the other guy in shop finished putting together the rig for the international broadcast most of the morning, and it felt like we were in a huge game of three dimensional Tetris. Move one road box over here, just move another road box over there so that you can finally move the intended road box over to the loading dock area. Thank Baby Jesus and Henry Rollins for all those days I skipped class to engage in Tetris tournaments with Tara. I knew that shit would come in handy some day...I did, however, realize that most of what I do for a living is move big, heavy things from one location to another.. At this rate, I'd probably rock the casbah working for a moving company..

All was fantabulous up until about 5.45 when I decided it was time to close up the loading dock door so we could all say goodnight. The chain on the roll up door had jumped the track...for the 3rd time in less than a week. Now, I can't leave the warehouse with a wide open loading dock door for the night (especially since there's been a huge increase in crime in the area..be still my beating heart..), so all we could do was get one of the guys to ride up on the forklift (I know, please keep OSHA away from my shop) and try to repair it after we determined that an emergency visit from the Overhead Door Company would set us back somewhere around $770. Not good...Overhead Door Company will be called first thing in the morning. I'm tired of worrying about whether or not the loading dock door is going to be an open beacon for criminals every day just about closing time (plus fixing that damn door cuts into my drinking and watching Miami Ink time..).

Peace out and closed doors to you all...Im gonna go eat some ice cream..

No comments: