Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Holiday Evening and Middle Eastern news coverage.

I can't tell you how nice it is to be sitting here. The Christmas tree is covered in vintage bubble lights, glinting away. My sooper seekrit creamy spaghetti sauce is simmering in the 1970's era electric skillet (I still don't really have a working kitchen, but I'm dealing) and Peter Gabriel is playing on the radio.

I'm completely alone, and like it that way. As much as I adore the BF, I need these little moments. I've spent much of the evening reading Al Jazeera, in lieu of there being an English language newspaper out of Cairo or Amman. And I have to say, I am a total fan of Al Jazeera. I know that that particular news agency got a bad rap during the dreadful Daniel Pearl days, but they seem to truly be a non-agenda news reporting agency. And just damn! Talk about some stories that aren't even touched on here. I learned a long time ago that western news agencies (ala the AP, Reuters) don't tell you shit about things that don't directly affect the western world. I am now adding Al Jazeera to my daily reads, along with CNN, VOA, The Christian Science Monitor, Fox News, and the AJC (and don't rile me about Fox. The occasionally cover stories that others don't).

By the way, if you haven't downloaded the newest updates for Google Earth, do it now. I spent a few hours earlier just peeping at the places I'm going this summer. Super Cool!

Peace out, bitches!

No comments: