Sunday, May 20, 2007

Just Damn...

I think someone has stolen my identity. As of midnight last night, both of my bank accounts, checking and saving, were cleaned out. To the tune of over $1200. I know, not an enormous amount of money, but all I had. Money I worked for. Money I was going to use to pay June's rent (since I'm laid off for most of the month of June). The ironic thing is I just read an article in the AJC about how high identity theft is in Georgia...I had to jump through hoops today on the phone with my bank, but apparently someone found it incredibly easy to just log in and take all my money..Bank of America doesn't seem to trust the actual account holder, but by God, anybody else can seem to just jump in there and withdraw at will....Not to mention the fact that the Fraud Department really didn't care since it wasn't my credit card or forged checks. I was PROMPTLY told that that was all they dealt with. If anyone has any ideas on how to even begin on how to deal with this, let me know...HUGH SIGH...No round food for me today, I can't afford it...Maybe I should put up a Paypal button on the blog to accept donations to fight BOA...and, I swear to God!..I DID NOT reply to that Nigerian email...

No comments: