Thursday, November 29, 2007

Just another day on transit

I know that when I started this blog, it was meant to be mostly about work, and some about the funny stuff that just always seems to occur in my vicinity. Lately, it seems to be mostly about my adventures in public transit, and today's post is no exception. I just can't seem to get enough.

I learned something today on the bus. If you are so fucked up that you fall down trying to get on the bus and face plant right onto the nasty-ass sidewalk in front of City Hall East and the bus driver tells you not to even think about getting on the bus and it's all before noon, then you may need to reevaluate you life.

Bless his heart.

But he was nothing compared to the guy at the bus stop last Tuesday.

Last Tuesday morning, I was already pissed off because I was running late and knew that I had missed my regular #2 xtown. When I got to my regular stop in front of the library, there was guy lying in the grass. I immediately thought to myself that it's going to be one of those days. I was minding my own business, listening to my music (NOT on an iPod!) and reading a copy of Southern Voice when I hear the guy get up and say something unintelligible to me. I turned around to see this crazy dude shaking his little willie wonka at me. All I could muster was a sarcastic "You've got to be kidding me." before I turned back around. My lack of emotion tells me that I've become WAAAAAY to accustomed to people not wearing pants.

In better news (that some people care about) it appears that the Local One strike on Broadway is over. Cheers to my brothers and sisters for fighting the good fight!

2 comments:

Scott said...

Too bad you didn't here what I had said, er, what that guy had said, as I'm sure it would have made you melt on the spot. You and Little Willie might have lived happily ever after.

Where the hell did I leave my pants?

Scott said...

crap, that should be hear, not here. damn it. can't think clearly with all those voices in my head.