Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Blog, blog, ohh...blog..

Like my friend K, I too have been a bad blogger. Oh, I love reading other people's blogs and get pissed off when they don't update on a regular basis. But it seems to be in my nature lately to be kind of lazy as far as intarweb updates go. Instead, I have preferred to spend my time off at home, in the AC (Atlanta is MISERABLE this time of year!) watching really bad 80's movies on AMC. Sometimes I even get in bed as early as 8.30 and watch this drivel. Let's see, in the past week, I've watched Wargames, Death Wish 3, and Flashdance (twice!!??). And I have to finish this post by 8pm, because Escape from New York comes on then. WTF is the matter with me??!!! I really have nothing to say to anyone on the phone, with the exception of L, whom I'm going to Turkey with in a few weeks, and those conversations usually consist of where we can smoke in JFK while we make our connection to Istanbul. Then I usually tell her to turn on AMC, because Flashdance is on, so she hangs up and we text each other snide comments about the great cinematography.

But seriously, the location of where we can smoke in the few hours before we settle into an almost 20 hour flight is IMPORTANT STUFF. No one wants an international incident. And trust me, with the two of us, it's very possible. Nicorette, here I come. Actually, it will probably be Xanax and 3 drinks, followed by a deep sleep/coma. Thank god it's a direct flight so I won't have to disembark and clear immigration in some craphole like Frankfurt.

I think what's going on is that I'm completely overwhelmed. I have a new show that loads in on Friday, and I have almost no staff for that. Then, I have to get it open. Somewhere in there, I have to pack to leave for a country that is 3 continents away for 17 days. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about all of this. Just a little freaked out. Oh yeah, then there's the whole "trying to buy a house" thingy..and the HUGE obstacle in the way of that..sigh..Not to mention the whole lack of sex in my life, which would go a long way to easing some anxiety...

Seriously, I need to take a leaf blower to the interior of my apartment.

Gotta go. Kurt Russell is on a few.

Off like a prom dress.
H

2 comments:

whereismymind said...

Yup, Xanax. It cures what ails ya. I strongly believe it to be a cure-all.

Can't wait to see some pics from your trip! What's on the agenda????

Oh, and good luck with the house thing!

M.B. Jennings said...

Kurt Russell in The Thing is on. That has to be his greatest, next to Escape from New York. The spider head was fantastic. How can anyone top that, ever? CGI, bah!

Buy some pretty, uber-cheap Turkish decor for your upcoming housey venture (I understand about the obstacle because I'm facing somewhat one of my own as well, but they're mere trifles, me dear).

Blog bog. I'm up to page 96.