Saturday, October 4, 2008

The games we play

I don't often blog about my personal life, for a lot of reasons. I don't want a bunch o peeps up in my grill, and I really don't like the feeling of my panties showing on the internet.

But I gotta get something off my chest.

There is a game that people who are dating play. It's called "I don't like you as much as you like me". It's a great game. It allows people who are casually getting to know each other the ability to save face. To never be embarrassed. To not have to put themselves out there if they are unsure if the feelings are reciprocated.

That said, I don't like games. Have you ever played Scrabble with me? Probably not. But I, too, dear reader, am guilty of it. We all are. I mean seriously, what's a reasonable minded grrl to do? Embarrass herself over omelets? Never. I would never.

That being said, Donutorama is throwing down the gauntlet. I vow to never play that game again. If I like you, I gonna let you know. It may be in subtle ways. I mean really, how many people have I let drive the General Lee? If I let you drive my car, I consider it fairly serious. In 1984, that would have meant that we were meant to be together. But it's not 1984 (as much as I wish it were..oh wait..that would mean I was living..where?..no I really don't). It's the way I make sure that you think that I smell good when you hug me and the way that I always seem to be making sure that my eyelashes are artificially long enough when you see me; that I'm always wearing the right outfit and that my panties are always "situation appropriate".

So seriously y'all. I'm done with the games. I don't have time (got a job and shit).

The next time someone is interested in Donutorama, they should just probably tell her. I vow to throw down the score card.

Off like a prom dress..

H

1 comment:

Paulie said...

Good on ya! And best of luck avoiding the game playing.