Thursday, October 2, 2008

My ears are bleeding.

There's an unspoken rule on Atlanta public transportation. It reads as follows: During rush hour, whether on a bus or train, one shall not vocalize in levels above 100 decibels. What that means, boys and girls, is SHUT THE FUCK UP. I was on the good ole number 2 this afternoon about 5.30, and I swear, there was a group of people hollerin like there was a damn emergency. Conversations that reach the level of fire engine sirens are not welcomed, let me tell you. I went to a Metallica concert in 1992 at the Omni that wasn't that loud. Seriously, I couldn't hear the music playing in my earbuds over their little tea party. The Cuban revolution wasn't that loud.

I suppose I could have taken some responsibility for myself and asked them to lower it to the level of an F-16, but surely my steely glare should have sufficed.

It didn't.

I just hope my commute home won't be quite so obnoxious.

No comments: