Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I am a bad blog parent

Yep, once again I need the DEFACS of blogs called on me. I am a bad blog parent. I have not been tending to the care and feeding of Donutorama. However, I have been busy. Nothing I can do about it. So there! I really need to make a commitment to myself that I will conscientiously maintain said blog, if only as a good writing exercise. It's good to stretch your language muscles, boys and girls!

So, Jesus Christ Superstar Gospel is now out of my life. Does it make me a bad person to say that my life is a little better without Jesus? Yeah, I just RSVPed for my own personal room in hell. Gone! As in the good gone! As in, the millions of dollars worth of sound gear loads onto a 53 foot tractor trailer tomorrow at 10am. Yes, it was a good show, however, the unfortunate experiences outweighed the credibility of the show. I'm still wondering how much we spent on that production. I'm sure we didn't break even. It's a bad sign when your General Manager is selling artwork out of the lobby, so I'm just guessing that the numbers didn't add up. Now, I'm not expressing a correlation between the expenditures of the show and the selling of the artwork. I'm just saying that times are hard, and I'm gonna be really pissed if I get laid off because no one could keep Jesus under budget.

In better news, I'm FINALLY closing on my house on Friday! Yay, happy day! Those of you who know me know that I've been round and round with this house since October, and was really supposed to close in November. Such is the purchasing of foreclosed property. But it's all good. My lease isn't running out any time soon, so I don't have a hardcore deadline on when I have to vacate the basement squat. I do love it here, but it will be so satisfying to have a place of my own.

Okay, I know that was an incredibly uncreative blog post, but I have now fulfilled my duties as a blog owner. I'll try not to wait so long next time.

Until then, keep it between the ditches, y'all.

Holly

Update: I just broke up with my incredibly sweet landlady. I'm terminating my lease early, so I was afraid she'd be unhappy with me, but instead, she was thrilled for me. Maryann has been so good to me since the day I came here 3 years ago to look at the basement squat. I will really miss her. If anyone is looking for an adorable little apartment in the Highlands, give me a shout. I will certainly miss it. It was a great place to recover after all the trauma of getting unmarried 3 years ago. I'm sure these walls hold a lot of caring and warmth. Plus, you can walk to the Clermont.

2 comments:

Red Flashlight said...

Great landladies should never be taken for granted. I agree!

whereismymind said...

I'm not saying anything about your Jesus comments... *cough*cough*Itotallyagreethatyoudonotneedhimandhedidnotexist*cough*cough* Shame on you for your blasphemy! I'm a good little Southern girl. We don't blaspheme.

BUT, CONGRATS on the house!!! I will totally come up and help blow out the moving in par-tay! Just lemme know!!! I'll be there with bells on!