Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I seem to have taken sorry...

...my blog posts haven't been very creative lately. I guess I've been a little stagnant, which is a little ironic since I've been invited to join a local writer's guild. Perhaps these other women can enlighten me as to how to be funny when I feel incredibly unfunny.

Just got the new Chris Knight CD, Enough Rope. Definitely worth a listen, especially "Don't go Lookin for Trouble" and that other song about being on the road. Many of us have been there, and I wouldn't go back to that for the world or all the money in it. I gotta say "Cry Lonely" was pretty pertinent to my life 9 months ago.

Looking back as to the past 12 months, I would say that I've made some fairly good progress. I'm done with the deadwood that dragging me down for so long, but I will say that I've been so ADD at work that I'm having a hard time accomplishing anything. I had to put off programming my console today because I just simply couldn't focus. I'm pretty fortunate in that I have the luxury of postponing those kinds of tasks.

BTW, the Chris Knight shows at Smith's Olde Bar this past weekend were pretty stellar. Friday night left a little to be desired, lacking in energy, but the delivery was still there. Saturday night was filled with 1k and 4k feeding in the vox monitor, but the energy was there, and a much better show. I'm sure Billy got his share of text messages telling him what the problem was....ooohhh poor Billy, or Cosmo as we like to call him. Oh to be 21 and mixing in a rock venue again...and a good venue at that..with other engineers who protect you...

Peace out.

No comments: