Tuesday, September 23, 2008


Now that I'm getting back to my regular "show call" schedule, I'm a much happier donut. That meant that I was off yesterday. It's really nice to be off on the day when most people are just starting their work weeks. That way, I can get things done that would otherwise take me a long time to get done or would have to take time off work to do. The big thing yesterday was getting a new car tag and I was dreading it with a capital D. I can't think of a more unpleasant way to spend a day off, in a government office in a long line, waiting to talk to a government employee who can't WAIT to actively NOT help you.

I was pleasantly surprised.

The Fulton County Tax and Tag office was surprisingly easy to find (Thanks J!), the line amazingly short, and everyone I dealt with was incredibly pleasant. It was like bizarro Tag office. Twenty minutes and twenty dollars later, I walked out with a new Fulton County tag. Yay Fulton County! Right now, I totally heart you.

I spent the rest of my day enjoying the sunshine, had a nice lunch at Marco's Pita with awesome company, took a walk, had a few cocktails and watched a movie. The Kite Runner, to be exact, and it is definitely a must see. Beautiful cinematography, some of which was actually filmed in Kabul. Just the kind of flick to feed my obsession with central Asia. I even got to sleep in a little this morning, since rehearsal wasn't until 4pm. My kind of time off.

I think I'm going to try to catch a few shows this week, even if they are kind of hippie shows. New Riders of the Purple Sage are at Smith's tonight, and Blueground Undergrass are there on Thursday. Should be some decent shows.

Fashion question of the day: Is it too late in the year to wear jelly shoes? Because I TOTALLY wore mine today.

No comments: